1. Characterized by refined taste and manners and good education
2. The attitudes, feelings, values, and behaviour that characterize and inform society as a whole or any social group within in it
What does it mean to be cultured?
Everyone understands the meaning of cutlure differently – it is based on a subjective experience. For some the concept of being cultured could mean being enlightened and refined; for others it could indicate a shared tradition or belief system; from an academic standpoint it could lead to the development or improvement of the mind, body and spirit; and for creative thinkers like myself – my understanding relies on a much deeper reference such as being knowledgeable, exploratory in nature and living an overall healthy and fashionable lifestyle peppered with a zing of curiousity.
So what does this culture business have to do with me and my blog?
Well let’s see….I am surrounded by it. As a matter of fact, I think it’s safe to say that we are all surrounded by it. With the aid of globalization and the savviness of modern day technology, there is a range of cultures, practically whole new developing genres of cultures in existence in mainstream society. I couldn’t get away from it even if I tried, and in any case who wants to right? Fact: it is here to stay. So why not embrace it? So without further adieu and instead of boring you to death with further chit-chat, I’ll get straight to the point – my aim is to capture it in this blog. In all it’s lovely, raw and artistic forms. I love fashion! I possess a keen interest in photography (or so I try). I love bright nails and bold coloured lips. I thorougly enjoy discovering chic independent café’s. I love art, people and places.
A few more odds and ends about me…
– My lifestyle theme: anything and all things vintage/antiques.
– On a hot summer day I would: probably pig out on gelato!
– My favourite flowers: daisies…(I could smile at them all day long)
– My favourite pastry: almond croissants (they really do taste like heaven to me)
– In my spare time: I indulge in exploring the city or just hanging out with my trusty laptop blogging away to glory and rocking out to some tunes.
So if you have not fallen asleep as yet and are still reading, welcome and I hope you enjoy this blog as much as I do!
Love Tiff xoxo